Tuesday, October 22, 2013

How I chose Ukraine!

People have asked why I have wanted to go to Ukraine? Because it's a place where I have always wanted to go and help people! Here are a few experiences I've had. 

A co-worker of mine had received his mission call to go to Ukraine! I was really jealous! I wanted to go there, I had no idea why! It's just something that stayed in my soul. I had later got my mission call to Los Angeles to serve at the visitor center at the temple. I was studying the media one day when I found a video the church had done of the new temple that was to be dedicated in Kiev. I felt the spirit really strong, and ever since then I have wanted to go! I didn't know how I was going to get there, I was just going to go. 

After I had gotten home from my mission I was going to a friends house to get something for a party I was hosting when I was talking to my friends dad about what was going in my life since I had been home. We started talking about Ukraine randomly, when he told me that he had a friend call him and ask him if he knew of any students or people working in therapetutic recreation. It was to go work in an orphanage and live in Kiev for four months! Also we got to travel around Europe! Dream come true, as time got closer to apply, nothing was working out. Because turns out my. Family needed me for things we can gone through together. I always felt that the time wasn't right and I would go again soon.


That is the story of how Ukraine came to be! I want to keep progress of all the hairs I do, and the experiences I learn through this trip. 

I'm just an ordinary girl, and wants to do extraordinary things! Click on the link below to donate to the cause.


No comments:

Post a Comment